“Dhanam moolam idam jagat” says an age-old Sanskrit verse. It means that Money and Wealth are the roots of this world! It implies that money is all-powerful and desired by one and all to stay on top of all problems. It is an inevitable need for the very existence of human life. Can anyone think of a day without it!
Hindu goddess Lakshmi (also referred to as Shri, Siri, Kanaka Mahalaxmi, Mahalaxmi and with a host of other names) is considered the “adhipathi”- the controller- of money and wealth. According to Hindu mythology, Mahavishnu is the Supreme Being overseeing the functioning of the universe and Goddess Lakshmi is His Consort. Goddess Lakshmi is considered to be tough to please and garner her grace. It calls for a series of disciplined and dedicated efforts to be in her good looks.
Several hymns (Stotras) are regularly sung in praise of Lakshmi in Her worship. Sri Suktam is one of the most important ones recited with devotion to get the blessings of Goddess of Wealth & Money. Scriptures recommend the ardent devotees to propitiate this Goddess by worshipping with Ashtottara Shata Naamams (108 names) and Sahasra Shatha Namaavali (1008 Names) of Lakshmi regularly.
Apart from these stotras and prayers, spiritual gurus and astrology pundits suggest a few easy-to-follow principles propitiate Goddess Laxmi.How can I get a blessing from the Indian Hindu goddess Lakshmi Take a look
1. Cleanliness: This is the basic element to get grace from any God or Goddess. Not for nothing has the phrase “Cleanliness is next to Godliness” has come into prominence in the world. God – the ultimate Power- resides where there is cleanliness. This cleanliness does not just refer to the physical appearance of the person or environment. It has a three-fold meaning. Cleanliness refers to a clean environment, clean thought, and clean deeds. This is called the “Trikaranasuddhi” - clean in thought, action, and deed. To get the blessing from Goddess Lakshmi devotees must ensure to maintain the cleanliness of all the three varieties.
2. Offering Water: Ensure to clean the front courtyard or the place in front of the main door with water every morning. Sprinkle water if the situation does not permit to clean it daily. In some states of India, it is customary to decorate the place in front of the front door with designs in color or white powder. This is called Rangoli or Muggu and is considered a very auspicious decoration for the courtyards.
3. Respect: Hindu and all other forms of religions propagate the oneness of all human beings. Disparity, discrimination, and distinction are words existent in the realm of human beings only and limited to that only. All are equal in the eyes of God and insulting or injuring or harming a co-human being is bound to displease the Super Power (God) for sure. Treat all the visitors to your homes with due respect, particularly women.
4. Do Prayer help in getting blessings of Lakshmi? The answer is yes. Daily prayers worshipping the Goddess Lakshmi are recommended for attaining wealth and prosperity throughout the life period. Clean the place of God in the home (called pooja mandir or altar) daily, remove the flowers of the previous day, and light a lamp and a couple of incense sticks for an aromatic environment. Decorate the mandir place with fresh flowers daily.
5. How does Salt cleansing help in propitiating Lakshmi? It is practiced in several parts of India. Households sprinkle saltwater and clean and mop the floor to ensure all negative energies are driven away. God resides where there is an abundance of positivity.
6. Do yagnas please Goddess Lakshmi? This is one question that comes to most people. It is an age-old belief that performing yagna on a full moon day is ideal to get the blessings of Goddess Lakshmi. Performing Yagna may not be within the reach of everyone, as such households can do it on a minor scale without losing the import of Yagna. A small fire can be lit up at a suitable place in the house and prescribed Ahuti Samagri must be consecrated in the fire while chanting OM.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
SUBSCRIBE US ON YOUTUBE